Yag Laser Capsulotomy is a procedure intended to correct posterior capsule opacity. This can occur after cataract surgery when the capsule becomes cloudy because of healing scar tissue. This is a fairly common condition post-operatively. The Yag Laser creates a tiny hole in the posterior membrane to allow the passage of light through and to restore clear and unobstructed vision. This laser is also used for the treatment of other ophthalmological treatment such as acute closed-angle glaucoma.
Most Yag Lasers are semi-portable and intended to be used from room to room for outpatient procedures. As with any surgery, there are risks including detachment of the retina, however, overall these lasers are very safe and boast a simple to use approach.
Get quotes for all products
Select up to 5 products from below to compare or request more information.
- Description: Optimis Fusion combines traditional YAG photodisruption treatments and advanced SLT photoregeneration therapy in one integrated platform.
- Description: The Super Q provides such precise and reliable treatments for capsulotomy and iridotomy procedures that it has been the world's best-selling ophthalmic YAG laser since its introduction in 1996. It features a custom-designed laser cavity that provides an exceptional lifespan, as well as both standalone and portable configurations for easy transportation between multiple sites.
- Description: The Tango provides SLT and YAG capabilities in a single, advanced laser system. Featuring a proprietary dual-mode laser cavity, the Tango's SLT mode delivers a gentle, non-invasive approach for stimulating the generation of healthy trabecular meshwork cells and managing intraocular pressure without the burn and scar tissue associated with other laser procedures. The Tango also features the fastest repetition rate in the industry at 3 hertz, which allows you to perform quick and highly accurate SLT treatment.
- Description: The Ultra Q is the ophthalmic industry's premier YAG laser. Its custom-designed laser cavity has been tested to deliver an exceptional lifespan and produces an Ultra Gaussian Beam Mode to ensure consistent optical breakdown at ultra-low energy. This capability is essential when dealing with the newest generation of IOLs, which are often more sensitive to laser energy.
- Description: Optimis II is a photodisruption YAG laser integrated into a premium diagnostic slit lamp.
- Description: The New Dimension of Disruption
The VISULAS YAG III is a state-of-the-art photodisruption laser system with practice-oriented features. It includes a high-visibility touch screen for menu-guided operation, and combines the finest optic and laser technologies, including the Zeiss Super-Gaussian YAG beam for minimized energy exposure, 4-point aiming beam and posterior/0/anterior focus shift
- Description: Complete Laser Therapy System for Photodisruption and Photocoagulation
A product you can trust its capabilities will expand with your practice: perform retinal, cataract, and glaucoma therapy in one system. The VISULAS YAG III Combi is the optimal system for photocoagulation, post-cataract treatments, laser trabeculoplasty, and combined iridotomy. The push of a button is all you need to switch between two laser systems.
Select up to 5 products from above to compare or request more information.
Please Login or Register to Create Tags