Corcoran Compliance Connection, LLC
SAN BERNARDINO, California, August 7, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) - Kevin and Suzanne Corcoran, co-owners of Corcoran Consulting Group, have launched a new company, Corcoran Compliance Connection, LLC, to provide ophthalmologists and optometrists with an on-line, expert, software program linked to the medical practice's electronic medical record
(EMR) to improve the accuracy of coding on claims for reimbursement.
Corcoran Compliance Connection(tm) relies on the chart documentation in the EMR as the basis for very accurate, real-time coding recommendations.
"Our clients tell us that coding software of current EMR programs are unreliable and difficult to use," said Kevin J. Corcoran. "Corcoran Compliance Connection(tm) performs that analysis for the user using robust algorithms derived from our twenty-five years of experience in reimbursement consulting." According to a June 21, 2012 report by the Deputy Inspector General for the HHS Office of Inspector General, "Although EHR systems can automatically assign codes for E/M services, 88% of Medicare physicians assigned codes manually in 2011. The remaining 12% had codes assigned manually by staff (e.g., professional coders)." Mr. Corcoran said, "Clearly, there is an enormous unmet need for a trustworthy and reliable expert coding and compliance system to support physicians, and we anticipate that Corcoran Compliance
Connection(tm) will do so for ophthalmologists and optometrists."
"In our experience, we have found that coding for eye exams is accurate and supported by the medical record in only 60-70% of all office visits," said Suzanne L. Corcoran. "The 30-40% of claims for reimbursement of office visits that are not coded correctly or not supported by the chart notes pose a challenge for the practice.
Corcoran Compliance Connection(tm) can help reduce these errors and substantially improve compliance."
About Corcoran Compliance Connection(tm)
Corcoran Compliance Connection(tm) was developed in 2012 to improve coding compliance, reduce risk associated with fraud and abuse, and increase practice management efficiency. This proprietary web-based application, developed by Kevin J. Corcoran, a leader in ophthalmic reimbursement consulting, interacts with a physician's electronic medical record (EMR) to provide: fast, accurate coding for eye exams based solely on the EMR entries, in a secure, HIPAA compliant environment, utilizing the available CPT and HCPCS codes, integrated with applicable CPT modifiers.
About Corcoran Consulting Group
As a practice management consulting firm, Corcoran Consulting Group
(CCG) specializes in coding and reimbursement for ophthalmology and optometry. Founded in 1985, CCG has developed a national and international presence headed by Kevin J. Corcoran, recognized world-wide as a speaker and publisher on ophthalmic and optometric reimbursement. With six full-time consultants and over 150 years of combined experience in eye care, Corcoran Consulting Group offers vast knowledge and experience to its clientele. Our consultants span the nation with offices in South Carolina, Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and headquartered in San Bernardino, California.
Please visit http://www.corcoranccg.com/c3.aspx for more information on Corcoran Compliance Connection(tm)
(c) 2012 Corcoran Compliance Connection, LLC - All rights reserved.
Corcoran Compliance Connection is a trademark of Corcoran Compliance Connection, LLC.
Corcoran Compliance Connection, LLC
Source:Corcoran Compliance Connection, LLC
Copyright2012 Corcoran Compliance Connection, LLC
CONTACT:Corcoran Compliance Connection, LLC
Public Relations Contact:
Kevin J. Corcoran, COE, CPC, FNAO